I swear the last thing I remember was throwing down a couple of pitchers with the boys, and pondering my biggest worry in life: how not to appear too hung over at the office tomorrow. Then I awoke, holding my breath in front of this Diaper Genie contraption cursing myself for not leaving enough tag end to tie it off. How did I get here?
Better yet, where do I go from here?
That pretty much sums up my initiation into the world of fatherhood. Somebody shoved a scepter into my hands with the letters D-A-D on it, pushed me onto the stage and said "dance, fool, dance."
A decade later, I'm still shuffling my feet trying to find my rhythm as a kick ass dad. And as with any endeavor of this magnitude, it deserves to be documented. That's how this blog came to be, just five short years ago.
A little bit about me...
- Fury is my 11-yr old son. If wit is an indicator of greatness, that kid will rule the world someday. You better start getting on his good side now, people.
- Lessi is my 2 yr old daughter. They say it only takes about 10 lbs of pressure in the right spot to knock a man out. I know for a fact it only took 7lbs, 6 oz.
- We moved from Los Angeles to a small town in Northern CA. You've never heard of it. Well, you have heard of it because of the OJ trial, but they were referring to the one in LA, not NorCal.
- For 15 years, I called myself a fighter. Muay Thai and MMA were my life. Becoming a dad with kids to keep track of has shelved all this, but I can still beat up your dad, so it’s all good.
- My guitar aches to be played. But instead it collects dust better than an Ionic Breeze. My badass 4x4 Chevy Pickup does did (sold it to pay for private school a few years back) pretty much the same.
You are now caught up.
Attn Marketing/PR people: I work in the PR/Marketing industry in SF as a digital strategist. However, feel free to contact me, as my company encourages me to keep the blog thing going. Transparency is good for all, unless you are that bird that just hit my kitchen window. Opinions and absurdity are always my own.