I am so happy with this post! Not because it is any good (it certainly will not evoke tears of sympathy like my last one), but because I no longer have to wake up each morning and think, “oh what a wonderful day this is going to... OH drat! I still have those memes to complete!” My apologies to JO-N who tagged me for the “Best Memories of 2007” because by the time I could get around to it, “year in review” posts became passé. Other than that, I’m blogger-guilt free!
Meme #1: The Chain Email Meme
Sandy at Momisodes tagged me for this one. In the cosmic order of things, we are interlinked. She moved to Boston from SoCal and I moved to SoCal from Boston. We high-fived each other somewhere over Kansas. I guess I would call this one the Today Show quickie interview?
1. How long have you been blogging?
It feels like forever, but it’s only been about 4 months. I’m a total newb. Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt you're glib. YOU don't know the history of psychiatry. I DO.
2. What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?
Boredom and the fact that I don’t enjoy books (very few can hold my attention, and I totally cannot read fiction). Back in August, I got a new job that required me to commute 4 hours a day round-trip on the LA Metro. Normal people would just take advantage of that time to catch up on their reading. But since I tend to fall asleep when I read words on a page, I decided to start this blog rather than miss my stops. Prior to launching my blog, I had never read a single blog. Nowadays, I could literally spend 8 hours a day just catching up with posts in my Google Reader. I can’t believe I waited this long. Blogs are like a reality show with characters that I’m actually interested in. Since I jumped into this on a whim, I really don’t have a mentor, per se. However, the two bloggers who extended a hand to pull me into the blogging community are Joeprah and CardioGirl. Cardiogirl was actually the first commenter on my site whom I did not personally bug to “please check out my blog.”
3. Are you trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?
I’m realistic. If I were to run ads on my site, I’d be lucky to pull in $3 a month. Not worth the aesthetic detriment to my site. However, I will run an ad to plug my friends (which I plan on doing soon). I will also gladly run beer ads for free beer, Cheez-It Stix ads for free Cheez-It Stix, Chevy ads for a free Chevy... you get the idea. Don’t get me wrong, I can be a total sell-out. But for now, it’s pure fun by default.
4. What 3 things do you love about being online?
I can be totally connected at all times with almost anyone in the world.
I can escape my real world for a while when I log on.
I can escape my virtual world when I log off.
Bonus: drinking and blogging isn’t illegal yet.
5. What 3 things do you struggle with online?
I’m so much cooler online.
Not squandering Marcus’ college savings 99 cents at a time on iTunes.
That I can "Maximize the dimensions of your willy by New Year! Great abatements for our super-p!ll are now valid in our store!Don't miss this opportunity! Our offer is obviously worth your regard!" and that AngelBaby45 is “tired this afternoon. I am nice girl that would like to chat with you. Email me at Eva@HonorDays.info only, because I am using my friend's email to write this. You will see some of my private pics.”
… oh! The temptation! Damn you internet!!!
My turn to interview some folks. Let’s see, how about:
- Ashley at First Impressions. She likes to review things. Smart -- free baby stuff. I need to start reviewing beer. Be sure to visit her webstore too: FirstImpressionsBaby.com
- My neighbor Miss @ Rura and Miss. In geographic terms she is literally my neighbor, as I recently found out she lives one town over from me.
Just you two for now. I need to save up my tag-ees for other ones!
* * * *
Meme #2 Discipline Meme
Tagged by John @ Daddeeyah.com
Time to get serious. Discipline is a very controversial topic that involves personal, historical and cultural factors – AH, who am I kidding! Me? Serious?
Let’s just put it this way. I can’t smack, spank, or hit my kid. Period. There are more effective and sinister ways to get your kid to do what you want him to do. Just a few examples:
- Hold a knife to his Bionicle’s throat.
- Dangle his Lego Sandcrawler over a ravine (the phrase “this hurts me more than it hurts you” would totally apply here).
- Make him eat Cauliflower.
- Unsave his Lego Star Wars videogame progress (6 months of work down the tubes kiddo! You really want something to whine about?).
- Disconnect our Charter Internet Service (I have a Verizon Wireless PC card. You? A Pop-Up book. Enjoy!)
- Replace his Star Wars figures with Polly Pocket.
With all due respect to the others who posted about this topic (whom I think were mostly non-American), I just can’t smack my kid. Maybe it’s a cultural thing? I dunno. I mean look at him. I don’t care if he’s burning my house down, I couldn’t spank this:
However, I could totally spank this! Please may I? Just once? (Sorry Lisa... aren't spouses allowed one celebrity obsession?)
Jenna "I love BusyDad" Fischer
* * * *
Meme #3 My CD
This one was fun and easy. Superfun, wicked awesome, posts-15-times-a-day-and-makes-me-feel-like-a-lazy-ass Mishie @ Secret Agent Mama tagged me for this.
How to Play:
1. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random - The first article title on the page is the name of your band.
2. Click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 - The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.
3. Visit http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/ - The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4.Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result.
Buy it now, folks. Once the execs get wind of this, I may just leave this blog behind to become a rock star.
Who do I want on tour with me? How about:
- Judith Shakespeare @ The Only Thing I Know (I know you are a graphic design master and this is so below your skillset, but...)
- Lotus @ Sarcastic Mom (because you are funny and I want everyone here to see your last post with the pics of your baby flipping everyone off).
- Jenny @ Mommin’ It Up (I promise to have CVS ECBs in the green room on our tour rider to support your couponing habit).