These two things have nothing to do with each other. I’m just in a “read-one-get-one-free” kind of mood tonight.
The Original Toy-nado
After reading my last post, my mom sent me this. Evidence of a prior history of toy-nados in our family. I believe this one hit sometime in the summer of ’78. We were finding Raggedy-Ann yarn hairs in the potted ferns for weeks.
My sister, aka “Auntie Mei”
Favorite Posts Meme
Mindi Cherry @ The Queen Mum thinks I’m one of the “cool” bloggers out here on this internet thing. Well hot damn -- someone needs get Maury Povich on the phone so he can round up my 5th grade bully tormenters for a “How You Like Me Now” episode. I’ll be stealing Chris G, Michael M and Mike C’s wives out from under their noses with my lighthearted word-crafting and slightly sarcastic, self-depreciating comments.
Ok, let’s play. Time to rehash some posts!
Rules: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written.
- Link one must be about family
- Link two must be about friends
- Link three must be about yourself
- Link four must be about something you love
- Link five can be about anything you choose
Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least two of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better.
- Well, this whole blog is about my family, so here’s one about essential Dad Survival Items. It got ZERO comments. How sad...
- Hmm... it seems that every confession in this post is within the context of my buddies. My friends so rule!
- Here’s an early meme revealing my aristocratic roots and prowess as John Cusack’s punching bag.
- I love being a dad. These were the signs that told me I had fully embraced my role.
- This is an early one. I’ve learned a lot from my son. Here are some lessons my son has taught me. I remember getting so excited over the 1 comment I got from this. Thanks Xbox!
Now it's time to tag a few folks. How about just 3. Because cool folks like me can bend the rules.
- Melissa @ Melissa's Corner. Melissa was the first person who (to my knowledge) blind blogrolled me. I was checking my stats one day and found this blog linking to mine. For a new blogger, that is one of the most flattering things ever!
- Karen MEG @ A Day in the Life. One of my new blog hopping pals!
- Madame Meow @ A Glance into a Mom's World. A very cool chick whose life this year has been an adventure to say the least.
Maury's calling. Gotta run!